T-Ball is your child’s introduction to baseball and Eastlake Little League. No prior experience is expected or required. The T-Ball program is focused on teaching basic baseball skills such as fielding and batting in a casual environment. Outs are not recorded and every child plays on both offense and defense in every inning. We will attempt to place players on teams grouped roughly by neighborhood preschools and elementary schools. If you would like to request a “buddy” for your player to be assigned on a team with, please coordinate with the other family before registering, as we can only guarantee “Mutual Buddy Requests.”
- AGE: Your child needs to be 5 years old by August 31, 2023 to participate. Most children who play T-Ball are in pre-k or kindergarten.
- TEAMS: Boys must sign-up for T-Ball, but girls can choose to sign-up for coed T-Ball OR sign-up to play with all girls in the T/A-Ball softball program. T-Ball teams are made up of 6 to 7 players.
- PRACTICES: Teams will typically practice one afternoon each week for about an hour. Weekly practices start in early March.
- GAMES: Teams will play 8 games on Saturdays during the season. Games are 4-6 innings and typically last 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Games are played from early April through early June.
- VOLUNTEERS: Parent participation is necessary on many levels from Coaching, Field Preparation, Team parent, etc.
- FEES: $99. There is a family cap of $500. Financial aid is available upon request.